- Join an innovative, family centred work culture
- Fantastic opportunity to start your career as a Design Engineer
- Work close to home in Griffith
- Competitive salary on offer
Located in country NSW, we are central to the heart of Australia's engine room the Murray Darling Basin. Our location in Griffith allows us to easily reach major centres across Australia and ensure whatever your water transfer needs, Fluid Engineering's range of Ornel Acial flow and Vertical turbine pumps has your needs covered.
As our Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and documentation of Axial flow pump units, pump station designs and general equipment designs. Your role will require you to think outside the square and act intuitively as not all details will be delivered or at hand. You will be part of a team that strives for excellence, efficiency, and quality.
Reporting to the Lead Mechanical Engineer, you will also work closely with the sales team to deliver quality documents representing QA and build data to our clients. You will advise Engineering Production on design considerations across a range of projects and products.
In consultation with the Lead Engineer you will:
- Produce engineering general arrangement drawings for product offerings
- Design changes including drawing revisions and timeframes and complete works within the time allocated
- Produce Pump Production Work Packs within scheduled timeframes.
- Ensure designs meet Australian standards and adherence to health and safety regulations
You will also:
- Accurately record QA processes
- Receive and register material data sheets and conformance documentation
- Provide stakeholders with regular updates on progress and conformance
- Produce and maintain a pre-production register, limit scheduling issues and reduce wastage in time, material and cost
- Keep abreast of and maintain involvement for all projects
- Produce drawings for proposals.
As a highly engaged employee, you will go the extra length for customer service and work to build customer loyalty. You step outside of your comfort zone to drive initiatives forward and are actively invested in the company's growth. We see you as a representative of our brand and expect you to represent the company with pride at all times.
You pride yourself in having strong verbal and written communication skills, a well-established mechanical aptitude and knowledge of "how mechanical things work". You are self-motivated and highly organised.
In addition, you also have:
- A tertiary qualification in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering or a similar field
- Previous experience in 2D and 3D drawings and designs
- A valid class C drivers licence
- A proficient level of experience in 3D CAD modelling and FE analysis for the creation of quality pump designs.
- A proficient level of experience with MS Word and MS Excel software with extensive knowledge of Macro's
Enjoy work-life balance in a close-knit, family feel work culture, monthly team breakfasts, BBQ's, quarterly events, and a family Christmas party. We are ambitious, innovative and we care for our employees, share in our successes and learn from our mistakes to further grow and develop.
Join us and be rewarded with a competitive salary, career progression and the opportunity to work close to home, in a culturally rich, scenic and tranquil location.
Please note: There is a mandatory medical assessment required for all applicants offered work.