Junction Head Chef
A truly unique environment requires a truly exceptional Head Chef.
Junction is a gathering place on the stunning Murray River in the picturesque Echuca Moama tourist district. It's the ultimate escape - the perfect spot to enjoy sensational food, wine, cocktails and craft beer that showcases everything the region has to offer in a single, sophisticated setting. Open Thursdays through to Sunday, Junction is seeking an experienced and dynamic Head Chef to lead our kitchen operations. With a beautiful bar area, share plate dining experience and diverse function and event spaces, Junction offers a piece of the Melbourne foodie scene in a regional setting. This is a rare and unique opportunity in an idyllic country setting.
Reporting to the Group Executive Chef and working closely with the Junction Manager, the successful candidate will have knowledge, experience and passion in high quality cooking with a particular devotion to seasonal local produce and meticulous care in bringing it to life on the plate. We need someone who will roll their sleeves up to get the job done, while inspiring, educating and sharing their expertise with a small team of eager chefs, apprentice chefs and kitchen hands.
• You're a hands on, experienced Sous Chef or Head Chef
• You have exceptional people skills with proven people management experience, including training, coaching and developing strong teams
• You're passionate about food and are eager to share your knowledge and experience with your team
• You have a flair for creating seasonal share plate dishes, keeping with cooking trends and best practices
The role of Junction Head Chef:
• Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities
• Keep food costs in check, including controlling purchasing, portion sizes and wastage
• Modify or create and cost new menus that meet current trends and high quality standards
• Maintain consistency of menu items in presentation and quality
• Managing, leading, training and upskilling, rostering and setting clear expectations for a small team
• Ensuring Junction continues to evolve and exceed its reputation as a leading food and beverage offering in the region
• Maintaining applicable compliance across all areas including Workplace Health & Safety
What's in it for you?
Generous salary package which includes meals whilst on shift, a laundry and first aid allowance, provision of full uniform and access to the Club's health and wellbeing programs which include an EAP, annual healthy lifestyle payment, reduced gym membership fees and annual flu shots.
Relocation packages are available to the successful candidate if required.
Applications close: 30 Jan 2020